Saturday, August 17

Cinta

I am definitely one of those people who walks away from a movie, still living in it.

Surprisingly the movie that is still playing in my head is "A Star is Born". Who would have thought that I would have watched it.

But I did.

And it certainly pulled a few heart strings for me.

I loved the show of love. The sacrifices that one makes. The emotions that come with it. The changes that one experiences.

The way that Jack is astounded by Ally and has so much faith in her that he supports her in ways unimaginable. Even in his haziness, he will still put her first.

It reminded me of Gene.

It can be infuriating at times. This thing called a marriage. But just like in the movie, there are just ordinary moments of conversation. Smiles across the room. And there are also powerful moments when you know that the person next to you believes wholeheartedly in you. Admires you for all that you are. Praises you. Finds you beautiful. And tells you that.

I came out from the movie having such an appreciation for Gene. I miss him already.

I love watching him when he talks. Admiring his features. Listening to his take on things. I may not necessarily always agree with him but I do listen. I love that he is present with me. Comforts me with his hugs. Lets me give him super hugs. My body literally aches if I do not get to reach out to him.

We talk on a daily. Sometimes we do run out of things to talk about. He mentioned this once and we actually hung up the phone not long after because of the extended silence. I am strange in the way that I take comfort in silence and not realise that it is perhaps not normal to just be in the company of someone. And to be in conversation.

3 weeks and counting until we meet Baby Xav...

No comments:

Post a Comment