Saturday, December 31

Twenty twenty two

 Ahh...

This is my time being kid-free and having time on my own. I'm feeling relaxed about it because I know that they're in good hands with Gene. 

It has been an amazing year. Amazing being a serious understatement. I was starting to feel burnt out towards the end of last year and made the best decision for me, and for my family. Taking time off has been the best. And being able to afford to take time off is just such a blessing. 

Four and a half months travelling. Living out of a suitcase. And then coming home, attempting to find a job whilst I was pregnant was ambitious. I am glad I tried. But it worked out for the better having the extra time off. I don't think I'll ever have this again so I'm glad I was able to slow down and enjoy. 

Highlights... 

Seeing my family for the first time in two years. Having home cooked food. Sitting around the dining table with mum and dad. And my siblings. Angele. Enjoying time by the pool in Langkawi. And in Phuket. Oh, that was pure bliss. 

Falling pregnant. Feeling the first baby kicks. I was so stretched. So achy. So happy. 

Seeing bubs for the first time. Holding him in my arms. Crying with joy. Feeling overwhelmed. Hormonest kicking in. Cuddling the little man. Seeing Xav being so excited about his little brother.

Hearing someone call him by his name and loving it. Elijah. Oh, what a blessing. 

Learning to be a mum. And a wife to a man who was learning to adjust to his new life. As I was adjusting to mine. 

I love my man. I love that he cares. And that he cooked confinement food for me so that I could be back to myself again. Having four weeks to adjust. 

The grief was hard. We lost of a lot of good people this year. It made me hold the boys more tightly. Praying that we will have decades upon decades together. 

Having my village. So that I can get time out. And enjoy the moments. Relishing in the good and the bad. 

The morning water rituals. Water is such a big part of our lives. It nourishes us. Keeps us sane. Balanced. 

I am looking forward to 2023. To a change in my career path. To meeting new people. To sharing more moments together with my family. And my friends. 

Life couldn't be richer. I am just thankful. 

Here's to winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment