Saturday, September 24

Amused

Here I am, working on the finishing touches of my 5,000 word essay when I heard a little voice calling out for me. Mama, he says from outside the door. Then I see the twisting of the door knob and then a very happy-faced 3 year old. 

He says something about the giraffe toy that he is holding in his hand and asks me to help put him to bed. I chuckle as he tells me to be quiet as we walk down the hallway together because "daddy has fallen asleep". 

It was then when I realised that he had walk down a hallway that had no lights on. This kid is brave. And smart! How did he figure out I was in the study room?  

Anyway, that gave me the motivation I needed to finish my paper. Regardless of how I was feeling about it (apprehensive, nervous and stressed), I was so content knowing I had my little one. He knows how to cheer me up when I least expect him to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment