Sunday, October 2

Through the good and bad

I haven't had much of a chance to reflect on my growing family. We're expecting in November and there isn't a day that goes past that we're not occupied with or doing something. 

As much as the effects of Covid have been awful, there is certainly a silver lining. It was the first night Xav didn't co-sleep with me. And we're trialling potty training, captain underpants and all. I've rested more than I ever have in the last... forever long. 

It is nice to take some time out. Which is ironic considering the both of us aren't working. I guess we've just been filling our time with activities so we don't feel like we're not being productive. 

Now, about the baby. We're in our 7th month and he has been growing well. In fact, he is a big baby. Big for my body. It is a struggle to breathe and I definitely struggled not to worry or stress especially with Covid. But I'm glad the worst is behind us now. 

I love being pregnant. I love knowing that there is life growing inside of me. And I love watching him grow. I can't believe how much he has grown actually. And how he has evolved in the last 7 months. It's an incredible feeling. Feels really full. My tummy feels like a watermelon. And looks like one too. 

I cannot wait to meet this little guy. And hopefully this time around, I'll be a little more chilled. 

Xavier has been amazing. He has been very helpful with getting things (I'm trying to train him for when baby comes). And yes, he has his moments but I wouldn't trade them as I guess it builds his character. 

This 3 year old is capable of handling big emotions. Like when he sees one of us get upset, he'll give it time. And then he'll check in on us to see if we're okay. And he'll ask a direct question like "Are you angry?". It's so interesting to see that he can tell differences in emotions. He does ask to make sure that he has sensed it right. 

And the mannerisms that he has picked up from us. It's impeccable. I just wonder what lies ahead of him when he already has built up so much knowledge in such a short amount of time. His talent is varied. 

He plays basketball, soccer and is very quick to pick up new skills and challenge himself like tricks on the trampoline. He is able to pause and figure out a different way of doing things if he isn't able to get it the right the first few times. He started putting together a puzzle today and playing with a magnetic toy. He speaks very well and is able to hold a conversation with kids his age and with adults. 

He loves monster trucks and remembers them by name. And the names of the drivers too. He enjoys good fashion and observes when things are fancy. Like when his cousins were checked into Crown Towers, he noticed it on facetime and mentioned that he liked their cool new house. He likes fancy things. 

He also has a great memory and can sing along to songs after hearing them a few times. He is obsessed with Michael Jackson at the moment and for some reason, is intrigued by spooky stuff. Like ghostbusters, halloween, zombies and all. 

Xav remembers moments and can recall them very well. In fact, a bit too well that when it comes to remembering the not-so-nice moments, it breaks my heart just a little to hear it from his perspective. He hates losing but I have noticed that it is common for 3 year olds to "want to be first" and "to win". 

He does have some pretty big emotions and needs time to ride them out. He is super active even when he's unwell. Nothing really stops him although he does slow down now and again. Especially when there is screen time. 

He enjoys brocolli. And an assortment of veggies. He started liking red meat. And isn't averse to a drink of apple juice mixed with water. 

He cannot wait for baby to come. Speaks to him pretty much everyday. 

He loves cuddles with his mummy. And daddy. I love it when he wakes up in the middle of the night [ever so briefly] to ask for a cuddle. Then he falls back to sleep. 

I love how his little mind works. And how brave and loving he is. 

I only wish for the very best for him and that... we're doing what's best for him. 

I feel really blessed to have spend the last 9 full months with him. 

Here's to reminiscing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment