Saturday, November 26

Elijah

 Hi bubba cakes / red panda / mini tiger,

As I lay here next to you, watching you finally get some real good rest… I feel all sorts of feelings. 

My heart burst when I first saw you. And held you. And kissed you on your head.

I noticed you looked a heck of a lot like your brother. Calling you by his name by mistake because you are a replica of him. I am sorry. 

I am amazed at how instinctive you are. How you have worked hard for your food. Getting mummy’s milk factory going. 

You’ve had a rough 24 hours under the lights - to reduce your jaundice levels. And now you’re all okay. I am so proud of you. 

I had to chuckle when you tried to move the eye masks protecting you from the LED lights. You already know what you want and what you don’t want.

You listen. And are observant. You’re not even 5 days old yet.

I love you and will always be here for you. I hope to be a good parent (not perfect) and to help guide you through life’s ups and downs. 

Your brother adores you. He was so excited to meet you. He cuddles and kisses you everytime he sees you. It hasn’t been much since we’ve been in the hospital. But soon, he’ll be able to shower you with boundless love.

Your dad beams when he sees you. There is love like none other.

And you are already loved and cared by so many.

Welcome my little man, we’re so happy you’re here.

No comments:

Post a Comment